Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Where is Aloo?

I went through the list twice, thrice. Then I gave up. I was looking for Aloo-ul Haq ;-) in the list of Word XI team for October's Super Series against Australia. I couldn’t believe he was not there. I thought to myself that he is probably injured or unavailable. But now I realize that he has actually been dropped! What?! I completely agree with Hanif Mohammad.

When Hanif Mohammad was reached for his comments on Inzamam's exclusion, his first reaction was: "Please read the team sheet again and that too carefully."

When insisted that Inzamam's name was not there, he said, "There must have been a typographical error because no sane selector can drop such a great batsman."

Mr. Sunny, you have made a mistake. Accept the fact & correct the mistake at the earliest.

3 Comments:

At Tue Aug 30, 02:33:00 AM EDT, Blogger Ganesh said...

ABSOLUTELY right, but can't blame sunny alone though he is the chairman.

lots of holes in the team, i think both the captain choices are ridiculous.

 
At Sun Oct 02, 11:04:00 PM EDT, Blogger Ganesh said...

Aloo is now in !

 
At Sat Oct 08, 06:31:00 PM EDT, Blogger tifoc said...

thanks ganesh, yeah been watching the games...the world xi are struggling to play as a team

 

Post a Comment

<< Home