Thursday, May 19, 2005

John Wright II

India’s coach is to be announced tomorrow (5/20). Cricinfo calls the process chaotic. Cites example of a half an hour delay, overshooting the time, problems with laptop connectivity & meeting VIP’s (Prime Minister!). Wait a minute…Isn’t all this considered Indianess? ;-) Gee when did we change it from calling this ‘It happens only in India’ to ‘Chaotic’? ;-) You know what... I guess sometimes we are being harsh on judging India. I think we are using global yardsticks to measure India. C’mon guys, finally we had a transparent interview process and an eminent panel (yeah including the 2 jokers!). Let us highlight the positives.

If I were a betting man, my money would be on Greg Chappell & if I were a betting syndicate, these are the bets that I would offer:

Greg Chappell - 1.45
Tom Moody - 2.35
Mohinder Amarnath - 4.65
Desmond Haynes – 25

Any buyers? ;-)

2 Comments:

At Fri May 20, 01:23:00 AM EDT, Blogger Ganesh said...

nice mockery
http://changetheorder.blogspot.com/2005/05/are-you-former-cricketer-then-you.html

 
At Fri May 20, 08:28:00 PM EDT, Blogger tifoc said...

Ganesh, thx for the link. I did check his site out. One more to the 'Cricket' blog club for me to visit! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home